Elvis' Favorite Snack
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the King had a craving, you could bet it was usually for a peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwich. But don't be fooled. While most of us might consider this a meal, it was just Elvis' Favorite Snack -- anytime of the day.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 slices home-style white bread
- 2 large bananas, peeled
- 8 slices of warm, cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
What To Do:
Spread equal amounts of peanut butter over 4 slices of bread.
Cut bananas in half crosswise then slice each piece lengthwise into 3 pieces. Place 3 slices of banana over peanut butter, then top each with two slices of bacon. Top with remaining slices of bread.
In a large skillet or griddle, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat and place two sandwiches in skillet. Cook 2 minutes then turn sandwiches over and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until golden.
Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Wanna find out how Chris MacDonald got into Elvis, his music and what foods the King loved? Watch Howard’s interview with Chris here!
Watch Chris MacDonald serenade Patty and Kelly in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen and get “All Shook Up!”
- If you're looking to get a little Jailhouse Rock in your life, then check out "The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist," Chris MacDonald. Catch him performing at a theater near you!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your lunch box or afternoon snack could use a little change-of-pace, then you're going to go crazy for these...Crazy Corn Dog Muffins! What's crazy about them? Well, aside from being "crazy good" they're also super easy to make and very portable!
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Italian Style Sourdough Melt
- State Fair Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
- Company Fancy Chicken Wraps
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches