Italian Layered Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want an easy dinner recipe that's as simple as layering ingredients? This is it! Serve this hot family sandwich of ham, salami, provolone and basil stacked in a hollowed-out round loaf of sourdough bread, and you'll be the hit of the dinner table!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-pound) loaf round sourdough bread
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 8 fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a horizontal slice off top of bread loaf then scoop out center of bread, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around inside of shell.
- Brush inside of shell and inside of bread top with Italian dressing. Layer shell with basil leaves, 2 slices provolone cheese, roasted peppers, ham, salami, tomato, and remaining 2 slices of cheese.
- Replace bread top; wrap sandwich in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove foil, slice sandwich into wedges, and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Show off your American pride by serving up these Patriotic Blueberry Pie Parfaits at your Memorial Day barbecue. Made with a frozen blueberry pie shortcut, creamy vanilla ice cream, and strawberry toppings, this dessert isn't just summer-refreshing, its also super easy to put together!