Italian Layered Sandwich
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
Want an easy dinner recipe that's as simple as layering ingredients? This is it! Serve this hot family sandwich of ham, salami, provolone and basil stacked in a hollowed-out round loaf of sourdough bread, and you'll be the hit of the dinner table!
What You'll Need:
1 (1-pound) loaf round sourdough bread
cup Italian dressing
8 fresh basil leaves, stems removed
4 slices provolone cheese
cup roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
pound thinly sliced ham
pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
1 small tomato, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a horizontal slice off top of bread loaf then scoop out center of bread, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around inside of shell.
- Brush inside of shell and inside of bread top with Italian dressing. Layer shell with basil leaves, 2 slices provolone cheese, roasted peppers, ham, salami, tomato, and remaining 2 slices of cheese.
- Replace bread top; wrap sandwich in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove foil, slice sandwich into wedges, and serve.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
12 19 12