We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hoagies, heroes, or submarines...what you call these depends on what part of the country you're from. But whatever you call them, they sure are tasty sandwiches!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 jars (28 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the spaghetti sauce and the rolls; mix well. Form the beef mixture into eighteen 11/2-inch meatballs and place in a soup pot. Add the spaghetti sauce and stir gently to mix.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Spoon 3 meatballs and some sauce onto each roll and serve.
The meatballs and sauce can also be used for topping spaghetti. And you can use the meatballs in a soup or stew, too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe will take your taste buds down South, to where good old-fashioned tastes are still king. Our Homemade Biscuits and Gravy are full of so much down-home goodness, you'll want to eat 'em at breakfast AND dinner, which is perfectly right by us!