Newton's Grilled Portabella Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We spent some time in the mushroom capital of the world, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, and stopped into a great restaurant called Newton's. They served up a delectable grilled portabella sandwich -- here's our take on it.
What You'll Need:
- 4 (3-inch) portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned with damp paper towel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 focaccia rolls, split in half
- 4 tablespoons soft spreadable herb-seasoned cheese
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers, drained (from a 12-ounce jar)
What To Do:
- Brush portabellas with olive oil. Heat grill pan over medium heat and grill mushrooms until tender, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon herb-seasoned cheese on each focaccia roll. Place 1 grilled portabella mushroom, 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 of the roasted peppers inside of each roll. Serve immediately.
For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!
- State Fair Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Italian Style Sourdough Melt
- Company Fancy Chicken Wraps
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts