Newton's Grilled Portabella Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We spent some time in the mushroom capital of the world, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, and stopped into a great restaurant called Newton's. They served up a delectable grilled portabella sandwich -- here's our take on it.
What You'll Need:
- 4 (3-inch) portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned with damp paper towel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 focaccia rolls, split in half
- 4 tablespoons soft spreadable herb-seasoned cheese
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers, drained (from a 12-ounce jar)
What To Do:
- Brush portabellas with olive oil. Heat grill pan over medium heat and grill mushrooms until tender, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon herb-seasoned cheese on each focaccia roll. Place 1 grilled portabella mushroom, 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 of the roasted peppers inside of each roll. Serve immediately.
For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?