Pickled Pepper Popper Sandwich
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 5 Min
What You'll Need:
cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 slices crisply cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Greek peperoncini, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted red bell peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion
cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
teaspoon crushed garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 4 slices firm white bread
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded cheeses, cream cheese, bacon, jalapenos, peperoncini, red peppers, sundried tomatoes, and scallions, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, olive oil, crushed garlic, and salt. Reserve half of butter mixture. Spread remaining butter mixture on one side of each slice of bread. Place 2 slices of bread, butter side down, on work surface. Spread half of cheese mixture on each slice. Top with remaining bread slices, butter side up.
- In a shallow dish, place breadcrumbs. Dredge both sides of sandwiches in bread crumbs, gently pressing so breadcrumbs adhere.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat reserved butter mixture. Place sandwiches in skillet and cook until bottoms are golden brown. Flip sandwiches and continue cooking until the other sides are golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut sandwiches in triangles, if desired, and serve immediately.
For more winners from Mezzetta's Make That Sandwich Contest, check out the runners-up: Winning Cornucopia Sandwich and Puttanesca Panini with Crispy Fried Capers, and be sure to visit their website at www.mezzetta.com.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES