What You'll Need:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 to 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
teaspoon ground red pepper
3 cups coleslaw mix
8 rye bread slices
1 (6-ounce) package Swiss cheese slices
12 ounces thinly sliced ham
Butter-flavored cooking spray
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Stir together coleslaw mix and 1/2 cup mayonnaise mixture.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture evenly on 1 side of each bread slice; top 4 slices evenly with cheese, ham, and coleslaw mixture. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, and place coated-side down on sandwiches.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until bread is golden and cheese melts.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.