Stuffed Deli Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This overstuffed deli sandwich is perfect for tailgating or a simple weeknight dinner. How can you miss with layer after layer of all this goodness stacked inside one BIG sandwich?
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-pound) loaf round sourdough bread
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 8 fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices deli turkey
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a horizontal slice off the top of the bread loaf then scoop out the center of the bread, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around the inside of the shell.
- Brush the inside of the shell and inside of the bread top with Italian dressing. Layer the shell with the spinach leaves, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, the onion, turkey, tomato, cucumber slices, and the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Replace the bread top; wrap sandwich in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Remove the foil, slice sandwich into wedges, and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bring a little taste of the South to your kitchen with our recipe for Catfish 'n' Slaw. We coated U.S. farm-raised catfish in a flavor-packed island seasoning before pan-frying it and finishing it off with a homemade tropical coleslaw. One bite of this dish and you'll be saying, "Let's make some more, ya'll!"