The Ultimate Reuben
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Even if you've had a great Reuben Sandwich before, we urge you to try our version of The Ultimate Reuben...as it's truly a cut above the rest. Whether you cook it in a slow cooker or on the stovetop, this scrumptious open-face sandwich will have all eyes smiling, Irish or not!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) corned beef, cooked according to package directions (See Note)
- 6 slices potato or rye bread
- 3/4 cup Russian dressing, divided
- 1 (27-ounce) can sauerkraut, well drained
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to broil.
- While corned beef is still warm, slice thickly across grain.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and evenly spread each slice with half of Russian dressing. Evenly top each with sauerkraut, corned beef, remaining Russian dressing, and a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- For easy instructions on how to cook corned beef in a pressure cooker, click here. If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can cook your corned beef in a soup pot with enough water to cover, simmering for about 1 hour per pound or until tender.
- We just can't imagine eating a delicious deli sandwich without pickles! Try making our easy, crunchy Simple Homemade Pickles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!