We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether we call these subs, dagwoods, heroes or grinders, we all love them. This hearty version is so big, youâ€™d better plan on sharing it with your whole gang. Itâ€™s the perfect party food!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (12- to 16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli-style ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced turkey breast
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Genoa or hard salami
- 1/4 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush both cut sides of the bread with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle evenly with garlic powder.
- Layer the ham, turkey, salami, cheese, and tomato over one half of the bread. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and cover with the other bread half. Brush the top of the bread with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through. Cut into serving-sized portions, and serve.
I suggest cutting this with a serrated knife so it will hold together.