Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There is no denying it. This is truly the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich. It disappeared so fast in our Test Kitchen it barely even had time to cool!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
What To Do:
In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat mayonnaise and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Stir in Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and garlic powder; mix well.
Spread each of five bread slices evenly with cheese mixture. Top with remaining bread slices. Spread butter on both sides of the sandwiches.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook in batches until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Serve this up with bowls of our Creamy Tomato Soup for pure comfort!
- You can even try a unique spin with our easy casserole recipe for Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Bake.
- Does this grilled cheese recipe take you back to the good ole' days? Then, you're going to love The Best Old-Fashioned Recipe Collection!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Recreate an entree that's restaurant-fancy in your own kitchen with our recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Fillets. Perfectly cooked pork loin fillets get wrapped up in pan-fried bacon strips and drizzled with a savory and flavor-packed glaze.