Creamy Sambuca Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What a great unexpected combination of flavors. You've gotta taste this shrimp in a licorice-flavored sambuca sauce and see for yourself!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sambuca (licorice-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Season the shrimp with the salt and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté the scallions for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender. Add the shrimp and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, just until pink. Stir in the tomatoes, cream, and liqueur.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and flour; stir until smooth then add to the skillet and stir until thickened. Serve immediately.
For a heartier meal, serve the shrimp over warm cooked linguine or your favorite pasta or even yellow rice.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!