Creamy Shrimp 'n' Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone loves using the slow-cooker when we come out with dishes like this Creamy Shrimp 'n' Grits. It's melt-in-your-mouth tender and oh-so-smooth! Mmm mmm!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups uncooked regular grits
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can Cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, and deveined medium-sized shrimp (see Notes)
What To Do:
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a lightly greased 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3 hours.
- Remove lid; stir grits, and add shrimp. Cover and cook on LOW setting 30 more minutes. Garnish, if desired, with additional sliced scallions.
You'll want to use cooked shrimp in this recipe to ensure a creamy dish. If you cook the shrimp in the slow cooker, you'll end up with watery grits because of the liquid that seeps from the raw shrimp. The seafood department at your local supermarket will steam the shrimp for you. Or, if you prefer to cook your own, start out with 2 pounds uncooked shrimp in the shell.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.