Creamy Shrimp 'n' Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone loves using the slow-cooker when we come out with dishes like this Creamy Shrimp 'n' Grits. It's melt-in-your-mouth tender and oh-so-smooth! Mmm mmm!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups uncooked regular grits
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can Cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, and deveined medium-sized shrimp (see Notes)
What To Do:
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a lightly greased 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3 hours.
- Remove lid; stir grits, and add shrimp. Cover and cook on LOW setting 30 more minutes. Garnish, if desired, with additional sliced scallions.
You'll want to use cooked shrimp in this recipe to ensure a creamy dish. If you cook the shrimp in the slow cooker, you'll end up with watery grits because of the liquid that seeps from the raw shrimp. The seafood department at your local supermarket will steam the shrimp for you. Or, if you prefer to cook your own, start out with 2 pounds uncooked shrimp in the shell.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!