Flash Fried Oysters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Raw oysters on the half shell are popular, but these days, to play it safe, we prefer to eat our oysters cooked, and flash-frying them really highlights their flavor. We also recommend adding a dollop of spicy cocktail sauce and squeeze a bit of lemon juice to each one just before popping it into your mouth. Mmm mmm!
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (8-ounce) packages shucked fresh oysters, rinsed and drained
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine egg, water, salt, and pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, combine flour and ground red pepper; mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip oysters in egg mixture then in flour mixture, coating completely.
- Add to skillet and cook in batches 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!