Garlic Shrimp and Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 16 Min
- READY IN
- 21 Min
Shrimp and grits are a Southern dinner favorite, which is why we know you're going to want to try out this recipe the next time you're looking for a down-home meal to feed your family. It's a quickie meal too! You'll be finished with this meal in under 30 minutes, so you can spend the rest of your evening with your family.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked
- 1 pound medium-sized peeled, cooked fresh shrimp (see note)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) extra- sharp shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
What To Do:
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; whisk in grits. Cook, whisking constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in shrimp, cheese, and garlic. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
If you want to peel and cook the shrimp yourself, start with 2 pounds medium-sized unpeeled, fresh shrimp.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chocolate, pecans, and pie...oh my! This pie may not be the way to the Emerald City, but it is a perfect way to end any holiday feast. Our Chocolate Pecan Fudge Pie is an extra-rich and chocolaty pecan pie that'll definitely win you rave reviews!