Garlic Shrimp and Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 16 Min
- READY IN
- 21 Min
Shrimp and grits are a Southern dinner favorite, which is why we know you're going to want to try out this recipe the next time you're looking for a down-home meal to feed your family. It's a quickie meal too! You'll be finished with this meal in under 30 minutes, so you can spend the rest of your evening with your family.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked
- 1 pound medium-sized peeled, cooked fresh shrimp (see note)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) extra- sharp shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
What To Do:
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; whisk in grits. Cook, whisking constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in shrimp, cheese, and garlic. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
If you want to peel and cook the shrimp yourself, start with 2 pounds medium-sized unpeeled, fresh shrimp.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!