Garlic Shrimp and Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 16 Min
- READY IN
- 21 Min
Shrimp and grits are a Southern dinner favorite, which is why we know you're going to want to try out this recipe the next time you're looking for a down-home meal to feed your family. It's a quickie meal too! You'll be finished with this meal in under 30 minutes, so you can spend the rest of your evening with your family.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked
- 1 pound medium-sized peeled, cooked fresh shrimp (see note)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) extra- sharp shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
What To Do:
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; whisk in grits. Cook, whisking constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in shrimp, cheese, and garlic. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
If you want to peel and cook the shrimp yourself, start with 2 pounds medium-sized unpeeled, fresh shrimp.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!