Lighter Shrimp Scampi
This is our favorite lighter recipe for shrimp scampi! Made with olive oil instead of butter, the plump shrimp bathe in the light but flavorful sauce. Toss with pasta and it's ready for a weeknight dinner or a fancy company dinner!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper, and saute 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Reduce heat to low and add wine and parsley; simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with linguine and serve immediately.
Add extra zing by squeezing a lemon over the shrimp right before tossing it with the pasta!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES