Mussel Man Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We don't have to shell out a lot of cash for mussels at the fish counter! This easy recipe that has them swimming in a flavorful garlicky sauce and served over a bed of linguine will make you feel like a restaurant chef without breaking the bank!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds fresh mussels, cleaned (see Tip)
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mussels. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, or just until the mussels open. Do not overcook; discard any mussels that do not open on their own.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain.
- Spoon the mussels and sauce over the linguine. Top with the chopped basil and serve.
Some fish markets sell mussels already cleaned and ready for cooking. If you buy mussels that aren't prepared, here's what to do: Wash them under cold running water and scrub away any grit or barnacles with a stiff food scrub brush. Remove the black "beard" from each mussel by cutting or pulling it off.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a hard time deciding which Halloween candies you want to eat first, then you're going to love this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark. We took some tips from Dr. Frankenstein and created a bark made from an assortment of your favorite candy. The results are "monstrously" good!