Perfect Fried Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most every Southern coastal town has loads of fresh shrimp available, and with frying being a favorite regional preparation, our Perfect Fried Shrimp recipe proves that the two go hand in hand!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, beat eggs and milk with a fork until well combined.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip shrimp in flour mixture then egg mixture and again in flour mixture, coating completely.
- Cook shrimp about 1 minute per side, or until coating is golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, or any of your favorite dipping sauces can be served with these shrimp. You might even want to try some barbecue sauces.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chocolate, pecans, and pie...oh my! This pie may not be the way to the Emerald City, but it is a perfect way to end any holiday feast. Our Chocolate Pecan Fudge Pie is an extra-rich and chocolaty pecan pie that'll definitely win you rave reviews!