Seafood Fra Diavolo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fra diavolo refers to a dish with a sauce or flavoring that can be devilishly spicy. Our version has a kick but is really more flavorful than hot. See for yourself with this one that we created to celebrate the Olympics in Torino, Italy!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dozen little neck clams, cleaned
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned (see Note)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound spaghetti
What To Do:
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden.
- Stir in the crushed and diced tomatoes, the oregano, basil, sugar, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the clams and mussels to the pot; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the clams and mussels have opened and the shrimp are pink.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions; drain. Discard any unopened clams or mussels then serve the seafood and sauce over the spaghetti.
If you buy mussels that aren't cleaned and ready for cooking, here's what to do: Wash them under cold running water and scrub away any grit or barnacles with a stiff food scrub brush. Remove the black "beard" from each mussel by cutting or pulling it off.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!