Seafood Fra Diavolo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fra diavolo refers to a dish with a sauce or flavoring that can be devilishly spicy. Our version has a kick but is really more flavorful than hot. See for yourself with this one that we created to celebrate the Olympics in Torino, Italy!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dozen little neck clams, cleaned
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned (see Note)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound spaghetti
What To Do:
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden.
- Stir in the crushed and diced tomatoes, the oregano, basil, sugar, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the clams and mussels to the pot; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the clams and mussels have opened and the shrimp are pink.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions; drain. Discard any unopened clams or mussels then serve the seafood and sauce over the spaghetti.
If you buy mussels that aren't cleaned and ready for cooking, here's what to do: Wash them under cold running water and scrub away any grit or barnacles with a stiff food scrub brush. Remove the black "beard" from each mussel by cutting or pulling it off.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.