Our test kitchen team developed this recipe after my recent visit to New England to explore the flavors of the seashore. This seashore linguine is a perfect blend of pasta, clams and bacon.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound linguine
pound bacon, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
cup dry white wine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, drained with liquid reserved
cup chopped fresh parsley
teaspoon crushed red pepper
What To Do:
- Prepare the linguine according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside to drain on paper towels. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons fat from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the garlic to the skillet, and saute for 30 seconds. Add the wine, tomatoes, and reserved clam juice. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add the clams, parsley, salt, and crushed red pepper. Cook for 1 more minute then remove from the heat.
- Toss the sauce with the linguine, sprinkle with the chopped bacon, and serve.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES