Shrimp with Jalapeno Orange Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Zippy and yum, yum, yum this Shrimp with Jalapeno Orange Sauce will spice up your life... and who doesn't want that? We know we do! This recipe is a must-try!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 24 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1-1/2 pounds unpeeled)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 to 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and cook just until shrimp turn pink. Remove from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
- Add shallot and jalapeno peppers to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine and bring to a boil. Stir in orange juice, cream, and salt; return to a boil. Cook over high heat about 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Return shrimp to sauce, and cook just until thoroughly heated. Serve with rice or pasta.
If you like to heat up things like I do, chop 2 jalapenos instead of 1 to spice up this zippy shrimp dish.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Red Velvet Cake is one of our favorite desserts, especially during the holidays, so we thought, why not turn this dessert into a festive breakfast item, too? With our recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes, you can celebrate all things red and decadent any time of the year!