Spicy Crunchy Oysters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The cornmeal-and-spice coating gives these oysters a true down-home taste.
What You'll Need:
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (8-ounce) containers shucked fresh oysters, rinsed and drained
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine the egg, milk, salt, and black pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, cornmeal, and cayenne pepper; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip the oysters one at a time in the egg mixture, then in the cornmeal mixture, coating completely.
- Cook the coated oysters a few at a time for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
It's traditional to squeeze half a lemon over the oysters and serve them with cocktail sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?