Spicy Crunchy Oysters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The cornmeal-and-spice coating gives these oysters a true down-home taste.
What You'll Need:
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (8-ounce) containers shucked fresh oysters, rinsed and drained
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine the egg, milk, salt, and black pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, cornmeal, and cayenne pepper; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip the oysters one at a time in the egg mixture, then in the cornmeal mixture, coating completely.
- Cook the coated oysters a few at a time for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
It's traditional to squeeze half a lemon over the oysters and serve them with cocktail sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have leave you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.