Spicy Louisiana Style Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Six ingredients is all it takes to make Spicy Louisiana Style Shrimp. This dish is always one of our favorites because of its ease and flavor.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (see note)
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place French bread halves cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until bread is golden. Cut each bread half into 3 pieces, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven. Add onions, garlic, and seasoning. Cook over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Add shrimp. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over bread.
If time's a factor, buy already peeled shrimp at the supermarket. You'll need 2-1/4 pounds of peeled, large fresh shrimp to equal 3 pounds of large fresh shrimp in the shell.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Corn on the cob is one of those street foods that's really trendy right now, and one of the most popular ways to serve it is in a style known as Mexican Street Corn. In our version, we slather corn on the cob with butter before topping with a bit of chili powder, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of lime. It's tasty!