Steamers on the Grill
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These are like clams at a clam bake, with a hint of lemon. And no, you don't need a fancy clam steamer, ,just an aluminum pan and your grill! With the high temperature of the grill, they open up and are ready to eat in minutes.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 2 lemons, cut into quarters
- 2 dozen Mahogany, littleneck, or cherrystone clams, soaked in ice water for about 30 minutes
What To Do:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Pour the water into a disposable 9" x 13" aluminum pan and add the lemon quarters. Place the clams in the water and cover with aluminum foil. Place the pan on the grill and close the cover.
- Grill for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the clams open wide by themselves. Discard any clams that do not open by themselves. Makes 2 dozen.
Dip the cooked clams in melted butter, but be careful when picking them up because the liquid from inside the clams will be very hot.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.