Sweet 'n' Smoky Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These simply awesome Sweet 'n' Smoky Shrimp are packed with the ever trendy flavor of bacon! Whether for a party or "just because" you're going to surely want to give this deliciously easy crowd-pleaser a try!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled, sliced in half, then each half thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 6 bacon slices, cut in half
- 12 jumbo raw shrimp, peeled, with tails on
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sprinkle onions with salt and saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until softened. Add vinegar and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until vinegar reduces in half, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar and continue cooking on low heat until liquid is absorbed and mixture is thick, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Wrap a bacon slice around each shrimp and place on a baking sheet. Bake 6 minutes, turn over, and bake 2 to 3 additional minutes, or until bacon is crisp and shrimp is pink. Serve onion marmalade with shrimp.
Want to enjoy every last bit of the sweet, sticky onion marmalade? Try serving it over rice to absorb all the goodness!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!