Zuppa de Clams
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No, it's not really soup, but this spiced-up clam broth would be a treat even without the succulent clams.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can Italian-style whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dozen cherrystone or littleneck clams, cleaned
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and red pepper and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the garlic is golden.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, and salt; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the clams, cover, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the clams open. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
To make this a complete meal, serve the clams and sauce in bowls with lots of bread for dunking.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Red Velvet Cake is one of our favorite desserts, especially during the holidays, so we thought, why not turn this dessert into a festive breakfast item, too? With our recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes, you can celebrate all things red and decadent any time of the year!