Zuppa de Clams
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No, it's not really soup, but this spiced-up clam broth would be a treat even without the succulent clams.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can Italian-style whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dozen cherrystone or littleneck clams, cleaned
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and red pepper and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the garlic is golden.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, and salt; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the clams, cover, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the clams open. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
To make this a complete meal, serve the clams and sauce in bowls with lots of bread for dunking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.