Beef Brisket with Citrus Sweet Potato Medley
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We bet this Beef Brisket with Citrus Sweet Potato Medley will become an instant favorite in your kitchen- it sure is in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen! This simple and flavorful dish will not disappoint!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (2-pound) beef briskets, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into -inch-thick slices
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into -inch-thick slices
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon, broken in half
- 1 cup dried cranberries
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Place onions in a 7-quart slow cooker; top with beef and orange slices. Add carrots, potatoes, and apple.
- Whisk together orange juice and remaining 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour mixture over beef.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 to 5 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Transfer beef to a serving platter. Pour remaining vegetable mixture through a wire-mesh strainer, reserving juices and vegetables; discard cinnamon sticks. Serve beef and vegetable medley with juices.
Try serving this brisket and vegetable medley over cooked noodles drenched with the warm citrus juices. It makes for an ooh-so-yummy meal!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Give in to those early morning cravings for something sweet with our recipe for Cannoli Flapjacks. Thick and fluffy, these flapjacks really do pack in all the taste of one of your favorite Italian bakery desserts. Just wait till ya' try 'em - they're going to become a breakfast staple!