We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For the fancy-schmancy crowd, this dish is also known as Beef or Boeuf Bourguignon. Ooh la la!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3-pound) rump roast or beef round, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound frozen pearl onions
- 1 (8-ounce) package small fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Warm cooked egg noodles
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly browned on all sides. Transfer beef to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings in skillet; sautè over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Slowly stir in wine, broth, and tomato paste; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add thyme and next 5 ingredients to sauce; pour mixture over beef in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over noodles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Recreate an entree that's restaurant-fancy in your own kitchen with our recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Fillets. Perfectly cooked pork loin fillets get wrapped up in pan-fried bacon strips and drizzled with a savory and flavor-packed glaze.