For the fancy-schmancy crowd, this dish is also known as Beef or Boeuf Bourguignon. Ooh la la!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3-pound) rump roast or beef round, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
pound frozen pearl onions
- 1 (8-ounce) package small fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Warm cooked egg noodles
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly browned on all sides. Transfer beef to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings in skillet; sautè over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Slowly stir in wine, broth, and tomato paste; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add thyme and next 5 ingredients to sauce; pour mixture over beef in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over noodles.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
10 30 13