Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cocoa in a Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Casserole?! It really brings out all of the flavors in this Mexican slow-cooker that makes our mouths water.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 14 (5-1/2-inch) corn tortillas (See Note)
What To Do:
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine chicken, 2 cups cheese, and 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture in a large bowl. Spoon chicken mixture evenly down center of tortillas; roll up.
- Pour 3/4 cup enchilada sauce mixture in a 6-quart slow cooker; arrange enchiladas in layers over sauce, seam-side down. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 2 hours. Remove lid, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Cover and cook on LOW setting 15 more minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with desired toppings.
Not all tortillas are created equal. So, don't be tempted to substitute flour tortillas for corn tortillas - the casserole will turn out too soggy.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!