Creamy Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Hr
- READY IN
- 6 Hr 10 Min
Talk about comfort food! This creamy sensation takes us down memory lane. It has the same great flavor as the old-time version but with a lot less calories and fat.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 6 chicken legs, skinned (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can 98 percent fat-free condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
What To Do:
- Remove seasoning packet from rice package; sprinkle chicken with 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning mix. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 7 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- Combine rice, remaining seasoning mix, water, and remaining 3 ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker; top with browned chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 hours and 45 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Serve chicken over rice.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Grandma's Creamy Ham & Potato Casserole
- Hillbilly Baked Beans
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
- Hungarian Goulash
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Stress-Free Tacos
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas