Creamy Chicken and Rice
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Hr
- READY IN
- 6 Hr 10 Min
Talk about comfort food! This creamy sensation takes us down memory lane. It has the same great flavor as the old-time version but with a lot less calories and fat.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 6 chicken legs, skinned (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can 98 percent fat-free condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
cup dry white wine or fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
teaspoon crushed red pepper
What To Do:
- Remove seasoning packet from rice package; sprinkle chicken with 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning mix. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 7 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- Combine rice, remaining seasoning mix, water, and remaining 3 ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker; top with browned chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 hours and 45 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Serve chicken over rice.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 17 14