Cuban Shredded Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The classic Cuban ropa vieja is a savory slow-cooked beef dish that's shredded, just like its literal translation, old clothes. And because it's so easy to transport, we're betting these zesty flavors will make Cuban Shredded Beef one of your most requested slow cooker potluck recipes!
What You'll Need:
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3-pound) bottom round roast
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a slow cooker (3-1/2 quarts or larger), combine bell pepper, onion, and garlic; place roast on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper; mix well and pour over roast. Cover and cook on high setting 7 to 8 hours, or until meat pulls apart with a fork.
- Turn off slow cooker and shred beef by pulling it apart with 2 forks. Stir beef mixture and allow to sit 5 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Hillbilly Baked Beans
- Shortcut Chicken 'n' Dumplings
- Hungarian Goulash
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Country Mac 'n' Cheese
- Bow Tie Pasta and Chicken Casserole