Grillades and Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that grillade is the French term for grilled or broiled food. It's cooked in a rich, seasoned sauce with tomatoes and other vegetables. This classic Creole dish is most popular served for a brunch, but it's just as good as a dinner option, too!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Warm cooked grits
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat; whisk in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until roux is caramel colored; place in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add steak and next 9 ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 to 5 hours; or cook on HIGH setting 1 hour, reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook for 7 hours. Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred with 2 forks; return meat to slow cooker, stirring to blend. Spoon over grits.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Red Velvet Cake is one of our favorite desserts, especially during the holidays, so we thought, why not turn this dessert into a festive breakfast item, too? With our recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes, you can celebrate all things red and decadent any time of the year!