Grillades and Grits
Did you know that grillade is the French term for grilled or broiled food. It's cooked in a rich, seasoned sauce with tomatoes and other vegetables. This classic Creole dish is most popular served for a brunch, but it's just as good as a dinner option, too!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2
pounds top round steak
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2
teaspoon dried oregano
teaspoon ground red pepper
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Warm cooked grits
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat; whisk in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until roux is caramel colored; place in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add steak and next 9 ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 to 5 hours; or cook on HIGH setting 1 hour, reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook for 7 hours. Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred with 2 forks; return meat to slow cooker, stirring to blend. Spoon over grits.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES