Grillades and Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that grillade is the French term for grilled or broiled food. It's cooked in a rich, seasoned sauce with tomatoes and other vegetables. This classic Creole dish is most popular served for a brunch, but it's just as good as a dinner option, too!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Warm cooked grits
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat; whisk in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until roux is caramel colored; place in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add steak and next 9 ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 to 5 hours; or cook on HIGH setting 1 hour, reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook for 7 hours. Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred with 2 forks; return meat to slow cooker, stirring to blend. Spoon over grits.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says pie has to be served on a plate? Try this whimsical way and get ready for all sorts of praise! Our Key Lime Pie in a Jar is citrusy, creamy, and downright delicious You might want to make a bunch of 'em 'cause they're super portable, practical, and perfect for setting out at parties.