Grillades and Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 5 Hr
Did you know that grillade is the French term for grilled or broiled food. It's cooked in a rich, seasoned sauce with tomatoes and other vegetables. This classic Creole dish is most popular served for a brunch, but it's just as good as a dinner option, too!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Warm cooked grits
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat; whisk in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until roux is caramel colored; place in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add steak and next 9 ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 to 5 hours; or cook on HIGH setting 1 hour, reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook for 7 hours. Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred with 2 forks; return meat to slow cooker, stirring to blend. Spoon over grits.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The next time you make a sandwich, a hamburger, or any other meal that involves slices of bread, try it on Cloud Bread. Cloud Bread is a totally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat bread alternative. It's a healthier choice that looks like a fluffy cloud and tastes so good!