Make Ahead Hungarian Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Make Ahead Hungarian Beef Stew is perfect to make in your slow cooker. It's so helpful to be able to cut up everything the night before and store it in the refrigerator. Then you just place it in the slow cooker in the morning and let it cook!
What You'll Need:
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large onions, cut into large chunks
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 pounds beef stew meat or boneless chuck roast, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup sour cream
What To Do:
In a 3-1/2-quart (or larger) slow cooker, combine potatoes, onions, carrots, and lima beans; mix well.
In a large bowl, combine meat, tomatoes with liquid, broth, garlic, paprika, and salt; place over vegetables in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low setting 8 to 10 hours, or until meat is cooked through and fork-tender.
- Stir in potato flakes until well mixed and stew has thickened. Just before serving, stir in sour cream.
Although this is a hearty meal by itself, serving it over warm buttered egg noodles creates a real Hungarian delight!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.