Mama's Cheesy Chicken 'n' Broccoli Casserole
- COOK TIME
- 5 Hr
- READY IN
- 5 Hr
Mama's Cheesy Chicken 'n' Broccoli Casserole packs in lots of home-cooked flavor without much of a fuss.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, prepared according to package directions, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup crushed round buttery crackers (about 20)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, 2 cups cheese, and remaining ingredients except crushed crackers, stirring well. Spoon into a 5-quart slow cooker that's been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 4-1/2 hours.
- Combine remaining 1 cup cheese and the cracker crumbs. Uncover slow cooker, tilting lid so condensation runs back into casserole. Sprinkle crumb mixture over casserole. Cover and cook on LOW setting 30 more minutes.
Carefully remove lid at end of cooking so condensation doesn't run into casserole and make the crumbs soggy. Kick it up! You can also add a Southwestern flair to this casserole by substituting condensed Cheddar cheese soup and Cheddar cheese with habanero peppers for the cream of chicken soup and sharp Cheddar cheese.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES