Mama's Cheesy Chicken 'n' Broccoli Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's a slow cookin' kind of day with this easy chicken casserole recipe. Just prep ingredients, toss 'em in the slow cooker and relax. Mama's Cheesy Chicken 'n' Broccoli Casserole packs a lots of home-cooked flavor without much of a fuss.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, prepared according to package directions, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup crushed round buttery crackers (about 20)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, 2 cups cheese, and remaining ingredients except crushed crackers, stirring well. Spoon into a 5-quart slow cooker that's been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 4-1/2 hours.
- Combine remaining 1 cup cheese and the cracker crumbs. Uncover slow cooker, tilting lid so condensation runs back into casserole. Sprinkle crumb mixture over casserole. Cover and cook on LOW setting 30 more minutes.
Carefully remove lid at end of cooking so condensation doesn't run into casserole and make the crumbs soggy. Kick it up! You can also add a Southwestern flair to this casserole by substituting condensed Cheddar cheese soup and Cheddar cheese with habanero peppers for the cream of chicken soup and sharp Cheddar cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.