Meaty Vegetable and Rice Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whet your appetite for Mexican flavors by digging into this filling meal of Meaty Vegetable and Rice Stuffed Peppers. For added eye appeal, think of the Mexican flag and use red and green bell peppers.
What You'll Need:
- 6 red or green bell peppers
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (3-1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag rice, uncooked
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (26-ounce) jar fire-roasted tomato-and-garlic pasta sauce
What To Do:
- Slice tops off peppers; remove seeds and veins. Rinse and drain peppers; stand them upright on a large, round microwave-safe platter. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes, or until barely crisp-tender. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and next 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until the beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and return beef mixture to skillet.
- Cut top off bag of rice; stir rice into beef mixture, discarding bag. Stir in beef broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture into each pepper. Place peppers in a single layer in a 7-quart oval slow cooker. Spoon pasta sauce over peppers.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 2 hours, or until peppers are tender. Spinrkle peppers with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 more minutes, or until cheese melts.
Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have leave you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.
- Hillbilly Baked Beans
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
- Grandma's Creamy Ham & Potato Casserole
- Hungarian Goulash
- Traditional German Potato Salad
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook