Melt in Your Mouth Roast
This roast really lives up to its name! It gets its rich flavor from just a few simple ingredients.
What You'll Need:
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) bottom round roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Place onion rings in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Trim excess fat from roast, and cut in half crosswise. Combine salt and pepper, and rub on all sides of roast. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add roast, and cook 10 minutes or until dark brown on all sides, turning occasionally. Place roast on top of onion rings in slow cooker.
- Add 1/4 cup water and Worcestershire sauce to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Pour sauce mixture over meat and onions.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 7 hours or until meat is very tender. Remove meat to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- Whisk remaining 1/4 cup water into flour in small bowl until smooth. Whisk flour mixture into onions and drippings in cooker. Increase heat to HIGH setting; cover and cook 15 minutes or until bubbly and thickened. Serve onion gravy over roast.
Be sure to cut the roast in half before placing it in the slow cooker, to ensure even cooking.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES