We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your taste buds will love this take on a slow-cooked Moroccan stew that's also known as tagine.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1/3 cup sliced whole pitted dates
- 1 lemon, peeled, sectioned, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous, cooked
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 5 minutes or until browned. Drain chicken, if necessary; place in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in honey and next 4 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours. Add onions, apricots, dates, and lemon. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 more hour.
- Whisk together flour and water in a small bowl until smooth. Add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 5 more minutes or until thickened. Serve over couscous and, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Hillbilly Baked Beans
- Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
- Grandma's Creamy Ham & Potato Casserole
- Traditional German Potato Salad
- Hungarian Goulash
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook