Oh So Tender Osso Buco
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our family knows that we have a weakness for Osso Buco. We can't help it! It reminds us of the veal dishes our mom used to make, where the meat would be so tender from hours of cooking that it'd just fall right off the bone. This is a great way to get those same long-cooked flavors, without much fuss.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans whole potatoes, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parlsey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 veal shanks (3 to 4 pounds total)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
What To Do:
In a 3 1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker, lightly toss together potatoes, carrots, tomato, lemon juice, parsley, garlic pwder, salt and pepper.
Place veal shanks on top, sprinkle with onion soup mix, and add 1 cup water. Cover and cook 7 to 9 hours on low setting. Remove veal shanks to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
With slow cooker still on low setting, stir red wine into sauce and vegetable mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup water and cornstarch. Stir into sauce and vegetable mixture until thickened. Pour over veal shanks and serve immediately.
If you're a fan of this recipe, then check out How to Cook with Your Slow Cooker, Plus 11 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.