Oh So Tender Osso Buco
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our family knows that we have a weakness for Osso Buco. We can't help it! It reminds us of the veal dishes our mom used to make, where the meat would be so tender from hours of cooking that it'd just fall right off the bone. This is a great way to get those same long-cooked flavors, without much fuss.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans whole potatoes, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parlsey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 veal shanks (3 to 4 pounds total)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
What To Do:
In a 3 1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker, lightly toss together potatoes, carrots, tomato, lemon juice, parsley, garlic pwder, salt and pepper.
Place veal shanks on top, sprinkle with onion soup mix, and add 1 cup water. Cover and cook 7 to 9 hours on low setting. Remove veal shanks to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
With slow cooker still on low setting, stir red wine into sauce and vegetable mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup water and cornstarch. Stir into sauce and vegetable mixture until thickened. Pour over veal shanks and serve immediately.
If you're a fan of this recipe, then check out How to Cook with Your Slow Cooker, Plus 11 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Hillbilly Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker German Potato Salad
- Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
- Hungarian Goulash
- Grandma's Creamy Ham & Potato Casserole
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook