Pork with Apples & Bacon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll be slow cookin' up a storm when you make our Pork with Apples & Bacon tonight. This hot and hearty dish has the right amount of sweetness with a touch of saltiness that we know you're gonna love!
What You'll Need:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (3-pound) pork butt or pork shoulder
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
What To Do:
In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside. Add pork to hot drippings and cook about 7 minutes, turning occasionally until browned on all sides.
Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine crumbled bacon, onions, apples, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in slow cooker; place pork on top of mixture. Pour broth and vinegar over pork.
Cover and cook on LOW setting 6 to 8 hours, or until pork is tender.
Our Cranberry Pork Roast is another great recipe for your slow cooker! Give it a try!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Hillbilly Baked Beans
- Grandma's Creamy Ham & Potato Casserole
- Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Hungarian Goulash
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
- Stress-Free Tacos
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook