We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 10 Min
Shepherd's pie is an old English dish traditionally made with ground lamb or mutton, vegetables, and gravy that's topped with mashed potatoes and then baked. This updated slow-cooker version by using ground beef and the convenience of frozen mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (22-ounce) package frozen mashed potatoes
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen vegetable mix, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Cook potatoes according to microwave package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain; stir in flour.
- Add soup; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in vegetable mix. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 5-1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add salt and pepper to potatoes. Spoon over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Do you love bacon? How about cheese? If you nodded enthusiastically to either of those, then you're about to experience something wonderful...a Bacon and Cheese Lover's Pie. It's a quiche-style dish that's absolutely loaded with cheese, bacon, and some chopped spinach. You'll be smiling from your first forkful to your last.