- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 10 Min
Shepherd's pie is an old English dish traditionally made with ground lamb or mutton, vegetables, and gravy that's topped with mashed potatoes and then baked. This updated slow-cooker version by using ground beef and the convenience of frozen mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.
What You'll Need:
1 (22-ounce) package frozen mashed potatoes
1 pound ground round
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (10-1/2-ounce) can French onion soup, undiluted
1 (16-ounce) package frozen vegetable mix, thawed
1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Cook potatoes according to microwave package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain; stir in flour.
- Add soup; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in vegetable mix. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 5-1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add salt and pepper to potatoes. Spoon over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series, Copyright Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 17 14