- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 10 Min
Shepherd's pie is an old English dish traditionally made with ground lamb or mutton, vegetables, and gravy that's topped with mashed potatoes and then baked. This updated slow-cooker version by using ground beef and the convenience of frozen mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (22-ounce) package frozen mashed potatoes
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen vegetable mix, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Cook potatoes according to microwave package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain; stir in flour.
- Add soup; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in vegetable mix. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 5-1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add salt and pepper to potatoes. Spoon over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 17 14