Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr 15 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 20 Min
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2
pounds chicken breast
- 1 (19-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans or black beans, warmed
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, bouillon cubes, lime zest, and cumin; cook on low about 4 hours. Shred chicken and mix into the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place beans in the middle of a tortilla, then add the chicken mixture. Fold and place into casserole dish. Repeat process until you've filled the desired number of tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce and chicken mixture over the enchiladas.Top with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Sara's recipe was the first prize winner in our Search for the Ultimate Weeknight Meal Contest!
To try more of Sara's fantastic recipes visit her blog: Budget Savvy Diva!
Check out the 10 recipes that made it to the finals!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES