Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast
- COOK TIME
- 6 Hr 10 Min
What You'll Need:
1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chuck roast
2 teaspoons salt
teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
cup water, divided
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper on all sides. In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil; brown roast on all sides.
- Place onions in a slow cooker; place roast over onions.
- In a medium bowl, mix tomato paste, 1/4 cup water, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and garlic; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or on LOW 8 to 10 hours, or until meat is very tender. Remove meat to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining water into flour until smooth. Whisk flour mixture into onions and sauce in slow cooker until thickened. Serve onion gravy over roast.
03 03 15