Smoky Barbecue Pork
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The tasty goodness of this slow-cooker Smoky Barbecue Pork meal is enough to keep everyone coming back for more. But wait until they all see how tender it is, they'll want even more!
What You'll Need:
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) boneless pork butt roast, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle mesquite marinade
- 1 (19-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
What To Do:
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Rub evenly over pork.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 10 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Place onion and pork in a 5- or 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Add marinade and barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 7 hours, or until pork is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove pork to a large bowl, reserving sauce; shred pork with 2 forks. Pour sauce over shredded pork; stir well.
This saucy pork is tasty by itself, but it's just as good served over a cheese-topped baked potato or in a sandwich.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Hillbilly Baked Beans
- Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Hungarian Goulash
- Stress-Free Tacos
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Grandma's Creamy Ham & Potato Casserole