We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why are these tacos so stress-free? Well, because your slow cooker does all the work for you and we think that's just great! After working hard all day, you don't want to stand over a hot stove to make dinner, so enjoy a delicious meal with no stress.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3-1/2-pound) bottom round roast
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 hard corn taco shells
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Place onion in a 4-quart slow cooker, then roast on top.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper; mix well and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on high setting 7 to 8 hours, or until meat pulls apart with a fork. Turn off slow cooker and shred beef by pulling apart with 2 forks. Stir beef mixture and allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Fill taco shells with a layer of beef, then evenly distribute lettuce, tomato, cheese, and top each with a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.
Slow cookers really do save time and cut down on the stress of what to make for dinner. We've got lots of slow cooker recipes on our website, but here's one we make often -- Cola Pot Roast.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.