Caramel Apple Popcorn Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Min
Crunchy, sticky, sweet...this recipe for Caramel Apple Popcorn Balls has got it all! It's sure to please everyone at your Halloween party, from the gourmands to the sugar-happy kids!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bag plain or butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 2 cups apple-cinnamon-flavored cereal rings
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels, about 48, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 non-toxic wooden craft sticks
What To Do:
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Carefully open bag and pour 6 cups popcorn into a large bowl; discard unpopped kernels. Enjoy remaining popcorn separately. Add cereal and dried apples to bowl with popcorn.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the caramels, water and butter, uncovered, on HIGH (100% power) for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, or until melted and smooth, stirring every minute. Mix in the cinnamon then pour over the popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- With lightly buttered hands, shape mixture into balls around each craft stick. Place on lightly buttered wax paper to set and cool.
Feel free to decorate these with seasonal candies and sprinkles then wrap each in plastic or cellophane wrap and tie with a ribbon for fun treats.
Recipe courtesy of Jolly Time Popcorn.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!