Get Up and Go Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why make a homemade energy bar when we can buy 'em in the store? Maybe it's because this easy-to-make one is chock-full of wholesome ingredients like dried cranberries and good-for-us almonds, and tastes unlike anything we can unwrap from a package!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups wheat and barley nugget cereal (like Grape Nuts)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
What To Do:
- Line a 9" x 13" baking dish with foil and coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well then spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Let cool then cut into bars and serve, or cover until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!