Aunt Sarah's Matzo Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Aunt Sarah's Matzo Balls is one of our favorite traditional Passover recipes! These dumplings are a Jewish specialty that are perfect for any holiday table.
What You'll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup matzo meal
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, water, shortening, and salt; mix well. Add the matzo meal and stir until combined; do not overmix. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove the matzo ball mixture from the refrigerator; wet hands slightly, and form the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Carefully drop the balls into the boiling water; cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the matzo balls float and are completely cooked inside.
- Remove the matzo balls with a slotted spoon and place in a shallow baking dish; cover and chill until ready to reheat in a pot of chicken soup. Or, if serving immediately, remove the matzo balls from their cooking pot and add to a pot of hot chicken soup 15 minutes before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.