Beefy Barley Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to share that warm, cozy feeling at your kitchen table? Then try our recipe for Beefy Barley Soup. It's a satisfying meal all on its own, so what are you waiting for? Get cookin'!
What You'll Need:
- 8 cups water
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 pound beef top round, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 medium-sized carrots, sliced
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup barley
What To Do:
1. In a soup pot, combine all of the ingredients except the barley; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the barley and continue to simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 more hours, until the barley is tender.
- If you have a little leftover pot roast or steak, you can cut it up and use it instead of the top round.
- And if you use meat that's already cooked, the soup's cooking time can be reduced a little- just make sure the barley is cooked until tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Recreate an entree that's restaurant-fancy in your own kitchen with our recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Fillets. Perfectly cooked pork loin fillets get wrapped up in pan-fried bacon strips and drizzled with a savory and flavor-packed glaze.