Bloody Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Fingers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A cauldron of thick and rich Bloody Tomato Soup pairs perfectly with our melty Grilled Cheese Fingers. Just ask some of your little ghouls to give you a hand in the kitchen and everyone can get into the spirit.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, combine tomatoes, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in the half-and-half. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through; do not allow to boil.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on 1 slice of bread and top with another bread slice; repeat with remaining cheese and bread.
- Spread butter on both sides of the sandwiches. Cook in skillet over medium heat, until golden on both sides and cheese is melted. Cut into 1/2-inch slices, like fingers, and serve with soup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!