Broccoli Rabe Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Broccoli rabe, rappini...there are lots of names and pronunciations for this leafy broccoli. It has a slightly bitter flavor that makes it a nice change from traditional broccoli. Try it and see if you agree!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, chopped
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked mini shell pasta
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté the onion, carrots, and broccoli rabe for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the pasta and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.